Thursday 28 May 2015

Thoughts

1) Hi guys? Wassup blah blah blah, cutting right to the chase here- TILDA SWINTON JUST JOINED THE DOCTOR STRANGE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And this is the movie which has Benedict Cumberbatch playing the lead. This is already the most alien-looking cast of all time. Swinton is going to play, get this, a Tibetan mystic called the Ancient One who mentors Strange (is that his real name?). I mean, duh! Also, it seems that this character was male in the comic but like why would you cast some man when you can get Tilda? I knew there was a reason I loved MCU. Now all I really, really, *really* need is for Loki to somehow find his way into this film.

2) Video- I didn't get to watch this until today and I actually cried laughing. I am starting to really like Kit Harrington, the weirdo sketch dude, now.
Everyone is great in it but I especially loved Harrington, Leslie, Rheon and Clarke. And, man, does Peter Dinklage have charisma!

3) Trailers- The Crimson Peak trailer nearly killed me. This film is going to be so fucking awesome. And goodness gracious, Hiddles in THAT scene *fans herself*. The Point Break remake looks sooo meh. The main guy is even more expressionless than Keanu Reeves (who seriously works his expressionless-ness). Also, why anyone would remake Point Break when Hot Fuzz exists is beyond me. I got teary-eyed just watching Diary of a Teenage Girl. I just know that I will love it. The End of the Tour looks pretty good too. I haven't read any of David Foster Wallace's books but I aim to before watching the movie. Love the cast. Speaking of, I thought the Steve Jobs trailer was fairly decent and I don't know how but I missed the announcement that Kate Winslet is in it. It feels like forever since I've seen her in anything. Pan looks pretty. That's it, really. All I could think of during The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials trailer was how Aiden Gillen has transformed into Littlefinger and he seems to be that character in everything he does. But also, heyyyyy Dylan O'Brien! Missed you and your incredible arms #objectifyallmen. I am dying to watch Macbeth now and its clips are just fueling that fire. God, this movie is going to be amazeballs. Cooties looks hilarious. I generally don't like it when kids die in movies but hey, zombie children sound terrifying. The A Very Murray Christmas trailer has a lot of Bill Murray in it so that's, um, fair. Are you guys watching the Hannibal teasers? This is only one of them but I love all the happy music they're playing in them. I so can't wait for that show. Finally, Scream Queens kind of makes me think of Drop Dead Gorgeous and I love that. Emma Roberts can play such a great, posh bitch.

4) Finally, someone needs to release footage of the interactions between these two, in a non-creepy way of course-
And to put this into perspective-
Now I want both of them to make a movie together. Not just that, seeing how much Dolan hung out with Sienna Miller during the festival, I want him to meet Tom Sturridge (Miller's baby-daddy and my 16 year old-self's dream man) and put him in his movies because Sturridge is practically custom-made to be in them.

      Yes, this was random. I honestly didn't care for any other news items that much. Okay byeeeeeeeeeeeee!

14 comments:

  1. Jake Gyllenhaal in a Xavier Dolan movie..... TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man Dolan and Gyllenhaal are like new McKellen and Fassbender :) Damn I didn't even have the time to check out that Steve Jobs' teaser I hope Rogen will get the kind of acclaim Hill has nowadays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes. Yep I really like Rogen so I hope so too :)

      Delete
  3. Glad to read that Swinton will be in Dr. Strange. My Roommate mentioned that the remake of Point Break looks alot like The 1st Fast and the Furious film

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'M SO EXCITED!!! (as you can probably tell) I don't really remember the first Fast and Furious movie but I've heard a number of other people say that too.

      Delete
  4. Aditya BMay 29, 2015

    Gyllenhaal in a Dolan film would be very interesting. Both Jake and Maggie are very expressive actors, so either of them would be a great fit in a Dolan film.

    Yesss that Coldplay and GoT mashup is amazing.

    Crimson Peak looks so gorgeous, I almost weeped with joy just watching that trailer. I hope it lives up to the hype.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. They should both be in it

      Haha it's still making me laugh.

      Yep, it is stunning/hot.

      Delete
  5. Crimson Peak looks amazing. So pumped for that one too. Fuuuuuck Point Break.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJune 04, 2015

    How did I miss this!?!?!?! YASSSSS, work with Jake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My blog is barely updated so I can see how you missed it :P YASSSSSSS I KNOW RIGHT?!

      Delete
  7. I don't know what to make of Pan, but I'm looking forward to it.

    LOL. Dolan and Gyllenhaal HAVE to make a movie together!

    ReplyDelete